SCRIPTURE: I say unto you, that likewise JOY shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons which need no repentance. Luke 15:7
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: You cannot sow joy in heaven and not reap joy on earth.
Soul-winning is a very crucial aspect of dedicated Christianity. No Christian can be confirmed to be dedicated who is not interested in wining souls into the Kingdom. Soul-winning was the bedrock of the apostolic Christianity.
When we came to the Lord in the late 70s and early 80s, it was almost a sin for a Christian to go out without evangelism tracts in his pocket. You would feel as if you have committed a sin for going out without tracts in your pocket. Paul the apostle said, “Woe is me if I preach not the gospel” (1 Corinthians 9:16).
The question is: why is soul-winning necessary?
1. The salvation of souls is the priority of God. It is God’s pre-eminent priority. Soul-winning is the heartbeat of God (Ezekiel 3:11, 2Peter 3:9).
2. The salvation of souls is a trigger for joy in heaven (Luke 15:7, 10). For every sinner that repents, there is jubilation in heaven. You cannot sow joy in heaven and not reap joy on earth.
3. The salvation of souls is the reward for the travails of our Master. As we win souls, we are ensuring that our Master, Jesus Christ did not suffer on the Cross of Calvary in vain (Isaiah 53:11).
4. The salvation of souls is the rescue of multitudes from the torment of hell fire (Psalm 9:17). Hell is real; and everyone who does not know Jesus is on the way to hell.
5. The salvation of multitudes brings honour to the Almighty (Proverbs 14:28). God is honoured when multitudes gather.
Beloved, be committed to soul-winning, and God will be committed to meeting your needs.
Remember this: You cannot sow joy in heaven and not reap joy on earth.
1. Ensure that at least a soul is added to the Kingdom on your account every month.
2. Pray for the establishment of every soul won into the Kingdom.
3. Trust God for the termination of every challenge around your life as you go out for souls.
PRAYER: Lord, I receive the grace to be committed in my soul-winning effort. Help me feel a portion Jesus’ love, burden and passion for mankind, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: DEDICATION TO GOD IN SOUL-WINNING.
DAILY BIBLE READING: Psalm 25-27
QUOTE: Our destiny as a church is to colonize our generation, to disciple our generation, to change culture. Culled from “MAKING FULL PROOF OF MINISTRY” by Dr Paul Enenche.
AMAZING FACT: People who laugh a lot are healthier than those who don’t.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Fresh passion for souls is released on you now in Jesus Name.